WEDDINGS IN HOUSTON Spring 2015 | Real Wedding Feature
Barbara & Billy ~ August 30, 2014
A college meet-cute. A wintry Central Park down-on-one-knee-in-the-snow proposal. A magnificent 225-guest wedding so celebratory that attendees couldn’t wait to start dancing and took to the floor during dinner! Could Barbara and Billy’s nuptial story be any more romantic? The pair’s Petroleum Club wedding had all the makings of an unforgettable evening, from the ivory, gray and gold palette, to the shrimp-cocktail-and-filet-mignon dinner, to the spectacular “statement” cake from famed baker Nadine Moon. Yet it was the feeling of being surrounded by family and friends, and “hosted by the most wonderful parents anyone could have,” that the bride says will forever be her greatest memory of her most special day.
Photos: D. Jones Photography ~ Reception: Petroleum Club of Houston ~ Wedding Dress: Monique Lhuillier ~ Invitations & Registry: Bering’s ~ Cake: Who Made The Cake! ~ Lighting: Bright Star Productions
Getting ready to spend your honeymoon with your hubby-to-be on the beach? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve picked out this summer’s hottest pieces so you can look like the beach bombshell that you are. Happy shopping, lovelies!
1. Caruso Swimsuit: Violet Lake 2. Escada Joyful Perfume: Sephora 3. Bindya NY Floral Scarf: Chic Tweak 4. Cosmetic Case: LoLo Bag 5. St. Lucia Roses Slip-ons in Magenta: Kanaas ~ 6. Jeannie Simmons Hat: Headcovers
Captivating capelets and intricate, detailed sleeves have made a huge comeback this season, and we are all for it. Check out our faves fresh off the runway that have us swooning. Want to try them on? Schedule your appointment at Houston’s top bridal salons now!
1. Sareh Nouri: Mia Bridal Couture 2. Jim Hjelm: Houston Bridal Gallery, Now & Forever Bridal Boutique, Weddings by Debbie 3. Lusan Mandongus: Brickhouse Bridal 4. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Paravani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 5. Monique Lhuillier 6. Ines Di Santo: Ivory Bridal Atelier 7. Catherine Deane 8. Ines Di Santo: Ivory Bridal Atelier 9. Winnie Couture: Winnie Couture Houston Flagship Salon
WEDDINGS IN HOUSTON Spring 2015 | Real Wedding Feature
Shannon & Tyler ~ June 21, 2014
Oh, how we love a well-planned proposal. Take, for example, Tyler’s to Shannon: After a sunny day of boating together on Austin’s Lake Travis, the groom-to-be feigned a “late” dinner reservation and led his beloved to Windy Point Park, where, after telling Shannon how much he loved her, he spun her around to face the words, “Will You Marry Me?” spelled in rose petals in the sand. He then proceeded to place a ring that he had custom designed for his one-and-only on her shaking-with-excitement hand. The couple’s Crystal Ballroom at The Rice wedding, with its sophisticated palette of blush, navy and gold, and its romantic candlelit glow, wasn’t just elegant—it was also a whole lot of fun: “Everyone enjoyed letting loose and dancing the night away,” Shannon says. “The dance floor was never empty. It was a night of a lifetime!”
Photos: MD Turner Photography ~ Wedding Dress: Brickhouse Bridal ~ Groomswear: Al’s Formal Wear ~ Venue: Crystal Ballroom at The Rice ~ Catering: Sambuca Catering ~ Honeymoon: Antigua
What happens when you combine one of Houston’s cream of the crop florists, Lary’s Florist and Designs with a regal wedding venue like Crystal Ballroom at The Rice? A bunch of gorgeous-ness. From Paula’s luxurious lace and tulle Lazaro bridal gown, to her glittery-gold Jimmy Choo bridal ballet flats, and the breathtaking candelabra centerpieces that filled the ballroom, Paula and Lee’s wedding was a fairytale dream come true. We are in love with these photos and are sure you will, too. Congrats Paula and Lee on your lovely Houston wedding!
Photos: Alyse French Photography ~ Wedding Gown: Lazaro from Ivory Bridal Atelier ~ Shoes: Jimmy Choo ~ Reception Venue: Crystal Ballroom at The Rice ~ Florist, Decor, Rentals & Lighting: Lary’s Florist and Designs ~ Catering: Sambuca Catering ~ Registry: Williams-Sonoma
Drop waist and sheath gowns have taken over the runway and our favorite Houston bridal salons. This flattering silhouette looks great on every shape and pairs beautifully with a sweetheart neckline. We’ve narrowed it down to our top fave gowns from the 2015 Bridal Market runway. Which one is your fave?
1. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 2. Anne Barge: Ivory Bridal Atelier 3. Anne Barge Blue Willow: Ivory Bridal Atelier 4. Watters Wtoo: Brickhouse Bridal, Houston Bridal Gallery 5. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 6. Rivini: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture 7. Jim Hjelm: Houston Bridal Gallery, Now & Forever Bridal Boutique, Weddings by Debbie 8. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Paravani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 9. Hayley Paige: Now & Forever Bridal Boutique 10. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 11. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 12. Hayley Paige: Now & Forever Bridal Boutique 13. Pronovias: Brickhouse Bridal, Houston Bridal Gallery, La Reve Bridal Couture, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 14. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 15. Winnie Couture: Winnie Couture Houston Flagship Salon 16. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 17. Jean Ralph Thurin 18. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie
Trust us, we know how hard it can be searching for the perfect diamond ring to fancy your heart’s desire. That’s why we’ve narrowed it down to our top ten fave engagement rings, and are sure you’ll find yours. You can thank us later. Happy shopping!
1. Bea Bridal Set: Anna Sheffield 2. Pomellato Nudo 18k Rose Gold Rings, Assorted Stones: Zadok Jewelers 3. Carelle Green Tourmaline & Diamond After Dark Ring: Zadok Jewelers 4. Fancy Yellow Oval Cut Diamond Engagement Ring: Mark Broumand 5. Goshwara Rock N Roll Amethyst Cabochon 18k Ring: Zadok Jewelers 6. Christopher Designs Crisscut Baguette & Pace Set Round Diamond Ring: Donoho’s Jewelers 7. Brilliant Round Cut Diamond Ring: Mark Broumand 8. Asscher Cut Diamond Engagement Ring: Zadok Jewelers 9. 18k White Gold & Diamond Ring: Nazar’s Fine Jewelry 10. European Miner Cushion Cut Diamond Ring: Wolf Diamonds
Hey there, lovely bride: Don’t forget to include your hands and feet in your bridal skincare regimen using these great products (we hand-picked them ourselves)!
1. Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer: Sephora 2. Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Cream: Lush 3. H20 + Softening Mint Foot Rub: H20 Plus 4. Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Cream: Burt’s Bees 5. Butter London Scrubbers 2-in-1 Nail Prep & Remover Wipes: Sephora 6. Alessandro Pedix Heel Smoothing Stick: Alessandro 7. Handspa Age Complex Micro Peel: Alessandro
Photos: Top Left: Alvina Valenta, Middle: Alvina Valenta, Top Right: Naeem Khan, Bottom Left: LaceNTrim via Etsy, Bottom Right: Reem Acra
You know it, we know it, designers know it: A wedding gown is NOT like other garments. Unfortunately, many dry cleaners who advertise “wedding gown preservation” do not understand exactly how special wedding gowns are, and what kind of painstaking care is required to preserve them beautifully, and without damage.
Twin Oaks Cleaners has made wedding gown preservation a priority for more than 60 years. No, not just a priority—an art. We’re not kidding. This iconic Houston business employs not one but two full-time spotters whose sole job is to identify any staining and determine exactly which solvents are required to return the dress material to pristine condition. And a team of experts who dedicate themselves to removing any accessory or bit of ornamentation that might be damaged during cleaning. Yeah. It’s that kind of place.
And when it comes to your wedding gown, it’s the only kind of place you want to entrust with that gown’s care.
This week, you can WIN $150 of Twin Oaks Cleaners’ renowned dry cleaning services (perfect for those fancy-shmancy getups you’re getting set to wear for all your fabulous pre-wedding parties, dinners, showers and celebrations), PLUS an additional 10% off Twin Oaks Cleaners’ gown preservation. Simply Like this Weddings in Houston Facebook post AND Twin Oaks’ Facebook page, and you’re entered to win. Winner announced Tuesday, April 21 on—where else?—Facebook!
WEDDINGS IN HOUSTON SPRING 2015 | REAL WEDDING FEATURE
Brittney & Randy ~ July 19, 2014
Listen up, ladies: There’s something to be said for making the first move. Just ask Houston bride Brittney—who may never have ended up with the love of her life if she hadn’t asked handsome Randy for his digits at that Southern Methodist University dorm icebreaker 10 years back. “We ended up talking for hours on end,” she recalls, “then officially started dating on Sept. 24, 2004…and the rest is history!” At the couple’s beautiful Chateau Cocomar wedding, the groom, whose family hails from Ghana, changed into traditional Ghanian clothing halfway through the reception and delighted in watching his family shower his bride in money—a Ghanian tradition that Brittney says, “was a complete surprise to me, but made for an awesome story and a unique experience at our wedding.”
Photos: Civic Photos ~ Rehearsal Dinner: Raveneaux Country Club ~ Venue: Chateau Cocomar ~ Consultant & Invitations: A Day to Remember ~ Flowers: Flora & Eventi ~ Decor & Rentals: EB Inc ~ Lighting: DJU Productions ~ Wedding Dress: Pronovias from Weddings by Debbie ~ Mother of the Bride Dress: T. Carolyn Fashions ~ Honeymoon: Jamaica