Archive for the ‘Beauty’ Category
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015
Getting ready to spend your honeymoon with your hubby-to-be on the beach? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve picked out this summer’s hottest pieces so you can look like the beach bombshell that you are. Happy shopping, lovelies!
1. Caruso Swimsuit: Violet Lake 2. Escada Joyful Perfume: Sephora 3. Bindya NY Floral Scarf: Chic Tweak 4. Cosmetic Case: LoLo Bag 5. St. Lucia Roses Slip-ons in Magenta: Kanaas ~ 6. Jeannie Simmons Hat: Headcovers
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Drop waist and sheath gowns have taken over the runway and our favorite Houston bridal salons. This flattering silhouette looks great on every shape and pairs beautifully with a sweetheart neckline. We’ve narrowed it down to our top fave gowns from the 2015 Bridal Market runway. Which one is your fave?
1. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 2. Anne Barge: Ivory Bridal Atelier 3. Anne Barge Blue Willow: Ivory Bridal Atelier 4. Watters Wtoo: Brickhouse Bridal, Houston Bridal Gallery 5. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 6. Rivini: Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture 7. Jim Hjelm: Houston Bridal Gallery, Now & Forever Bridal Boutique, Weddings by Debbie 8. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Paravani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 9. Hayley Paige: Now & Forever Bridal Boutique 10. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 11. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 12. Hayley Paige: Now & Forever Bridal Boutique 13. Pronovias: Brickhouse Bridal, Houston Bridal Gallery, La Reve Bridal Couture, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 14. Enzoani: Brickhouse Bridal, Parvani Vida, Weddings by Debbie 15. Winnie Couture: Winnie Couture Houston Flagship Salon 16. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie 17. Jean Ralph Thurin 18. Lazaro: Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie
Wednesday, April 15th, 2015
Hey there, lovely bride: Don’t forget to include your hands and feet in your bridal skincare regimen using these great products (we hand-picked them ourselves)!
1. Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer: Sephora 2. Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Cream: Lush 3. H20 + Softening Mint Foot Rub: H20 Plus 4. Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Cream: Burt’s Bees 5. Butter London Scrubbers 2-in-1 Nail Prep & Remover Wipes: Sephora 6. Alessandro Pedix Heel Smoothing Stick: Alessandro 7. Handspa Age Complex Micro Peel: Alessandro
Monday, April 6th, 2015
Take the plunge in a deep “V” or halter neckline–one of our favorite “red-carpet-to-white-aisle” wedding dress trends for 2015-2016 brides! As for styling, follow the lead of bridal couture experts including Hayley Paige, Reem Acra and Ines Di Santo, and let neckline detail stand out on its own: no necklace needed, love.
1. Hayley Paige Now & Forever Bridal Boutique ~ 2. Rivini Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture ~ 3. Winnie Couture Winnie Couture Houston Flagship Salon ~ 4. Reem Acra Ivory Bridal Atelier ~ 5. Ines Di Santo Ivory Bridal Atelier ~ 6. Vera Wang ~ 7. Lazaro Brickhouse Bridal, Ivory Bridal Atelier, Mia Bridal Couture, Weddings by Debbie
Tuesday, March 17th, 2015
Just because it’s been raining for, like, a gazillion days on end, doesn’t mean our pre-bridal skin is soaking up the wet stuff. Winter skin, no matter how stormy the season, needs a little help from antioxidants and hydrating compounds. Which is exactly what Red Flower
packs into its Illuminating Rose Collagen Renewal Face Serum
. Boosted with rose damascena petals and 10,000 cold-pressed cloudberry and raspberry seeds, this rejuvenating floral oil is designed to reduce signs of skin damage, boost circulation and give a glow to your skin, any season of the year. Make it part of your pre-bridal beauty regimen (we did, and we’re already seeing the results!), and make a vow to take the best possible care of yourself, outside and in, as you make your way toward your special day.
Friday, February 27th, 2015
Living in Houston, we know that humidity is a big deal and no one wants that hot Texas sun melting our makeup away! Skindinavia’s
makeup finishing spray will keep you looking flawless
on your big day. The ultra-fine mist is designed to resist moisture, and prevent fading. You can kiss and cry the day away knowing your makeup will look perfect every minute. This fabulous product can be found in the latest I Do! Bridal Soiree swag bag…and at Skindinavia, natch : )
Monday, February 16th, 2015
A confident bride is a beautiful bride. And NOTHING makes you feel more confident than a brilliant, white, radiant smile. It you’ve been thinking about fixing that crooked bite, closing those awkward gaps, removing stubborn discoloring…or just amping up the brightness factor a bit, now is the time, darling—before those cameras start a-clicking.
Fortunately, you live in Houston, where Dr. Guy M. Lewis, DDS, AAACD, heads up the renowned Texas Center for Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry—one of the nation’s foremost centers for transformative dentistry. Not only is Dr. Lewis the official cosmetic dentist for the Houston Rockets and Houston Astros, AND the go-to “gorgeous smile” guy of numerous beauty pageant contestants (Miss Texas, Miss Teen Texas, Miss Hawaiian Tropic), but he’s also, well, just so darn nice. And the TCCID staff—you may have chatted with them at our recent I Do! Bridal Soiree at The Corinthian—if we’ve ever met a sweeter bunch of gals, we can’t remember when.
Here’s another something sweet for your teeth (but, you know, not sugary sweet—Heaven forbid, honey!): Schedule your Texas Center for Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry appointment before July 31, 2015, let them know you are a Weddings in Houston bride, and you’ll receive $100 off smile-transforming Zoom Whitening, OR a FREE cosmetic dentistry consultation. Offer good for grooms, mother-of-the-bride/groom and bridesmaids, too! Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of, just in time for the wedding of your dreams.
Thursday, February 5th, 2015
Glamour and high drama are BACK for 2015 brides, and we couldn’t be more delighted. Deep reds, hot pinks, chic shimmer, full black lashes… Get your diva on with our top makeup picks for red carpet (and white aisle) wedding-day style!
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara ~ Beauty.com 2. Michael Kors Glam Lip Luster in Icon ~ Macy’s 3. Tom Ford Beauty Nail Lacquer in Carnal Red ~ Saks Fifth Avenue Houston Galleria 4. Lorac Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Superstar ~ Beauty.com 5. Make Up For Ever Rogue Artist Intense Lipstick in Satin Vermillion Red ~ Sephora 6. Becca Beach Tint in Shimmer Souffle ~ Sephora
Wednesday, January 14th, 2015